- Bachelor of Arts (Textile Design) with Distinction : RMIT (VIC), 2013
- Diploma of Multimedia : Moreton TAFE (QLD), 1998
- Senior Certificate : Merrimac State High School (QLD), 1990
- Bricolage : No Vacancy Gallery, 5-15 December 2013 : view website
- Spiritus Loci : Prana House, Thornbury, 4 May 2013 : view video
- Refashioned : First Sight Gallery, RMIT, 26 March – 12 April 2013
- Analogue : Digital : First Sight Gallery, RMIT, 14-24 March 2012
Textile Design Skills
- Constructed Textiles: Knit : Crochet : Pattern Writing : Hand Finishing : Embroidery : Sewing : Swatching : Pattern Making : Garment Construction : Machine Knitting : Shima Industrial Knitting
- Research: Colour & Trend Forecasting : Story & Concept Boards : Material & Yarn Knowledge
- Process & Outcome: Mark Making : Illustration : Gouache : Ink : Watercolour : Collage : Block Printing : CAD : Pattern Repeats : Ranging : Styling : Photography : Presentation
Graphic Design Skills
I have extensive skills and experience in graphic, web and interface design, encompassing the complete cycle from visual concepts through to final printing and web site development.
- Print: Logo Design : Annual Reviews : Tender Documents : Newsletters : Booklets : Brochures : Catalogues : Advertisements : Packaging : CDs : T-shirts : Posters : Exhibition Displays
- Digital: Email Design : Interface Design for Web, Software and Interactive Television : Advertising Banners : Navigation Systems : Video Filming and Editing
I have experience with MAC and PCs and keep up-to-date with software releases.
- Adobe Suite: InDesign : Photoshop : Illustrator : Dreamweaver : Fireworks : Acrobat
- Email: Mail Chimp : Campaign Monitor : Exact Target
- Video: Video Capture : Final Cut Pro : Adobe PREMIER : iMovie
- Other: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) : QuickCUT
- Writing and Editing: Email Newsletters : Websites
- Social Media: Facebook : Twitter : Instagram : Online Marketing
- Content Delivery: RealEstate.com.au : Domain.com.au : TotalTravel.com.au : TripAdvisor.com
- Management: Recruiting, Training and Supervising Staff
October 2019 – Current (Part Time)
GRAPHIC DESIGNER : GLOWEAVE
I design and send marketing email newsletters, photograph products and update websites (gloweave.com and gloweavecareer.com). I also produce print catalogues and other marketing materials.
October 2018 – August 2019 (Part Time)
KNITTING AND CROCHET PATTERN WRITER : LINCRAFT
I designed knitting and crochet patterns to support the Lincraft yarn range. Tasks included designing garments for adults, kids and babies, along with homewares and accessories. I prepared samples for photography, attended photoshoots, proofread and gave feedback on the presentation of patterns. Along with assisting customers to interpret patterns.
July 2018 – October 2018, April 2016 – August 2017, January 2012 – April 2014 (Casual)
RETAIL ASSISTANT : WOOL BAA
I assisted customers with selecting yarns and patterns for knitting and crochet. Tasks include advising on colour and design, hands on tutorials and problem solving, as well as general retail duties.
December 2015 – April 2016 (Part Time)
GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND MARKETING COORDINATOR : OLGA BERG
I designed and sent marketing email newsletters and updated two websites with promotional graphics. I produced print catalogues and other printed materials.
February 2014 – August 2015
CREATIVE ASSISTANT : AUSTRALIAN COUNTRY SPINNERS
I designed knitwear for hand knitters and crocheters to make themselves (womens, childrens, mens garments and home wares). I researched trends, colours and fashion shapes, as well as assist at photo shoots. I maintained the websites (auspinners.com.au and cleckheatonsuperfine.com.au) with current products, graphics and customer enquiries. I also wrote, designed and sent marketing email newsletters.
May 2009 – October 2011
ONLINE MARKETING/WEB DESIGNER : CENTRAL EQUITY
I designed, implemented and monitored online marketing campaigns (email newsletters, web banner advertising, online portals, Google AdWords and social media) for a property developer. I maintained their websites.
July 2007 – December 2008
GRAPHIC DESIGNER : DELAWARE NORTH COMPANIES
As an in-house designer, I maintained the brand across Australia, New Zealand and the UK. I designed corporate and marketing collateral (annual review, brochures, tender documents) and a range of other design requests (exhibition stand, logos and uniform concepts). I maintained the web and intranet sites.
June 2005 – May 2007
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR/MAC OPERATOR : ZENITH OPTIMEDIA
I managed a template driven, fast turnaround team, delivering recruitment advertisements for newsprint media with the Victorian Government as clients.
August 2004 – August 2005
GRAPHIC DESIGNER : KINDERGARTEN PARENTS VICTORIA
As a member of the marketing team I designed information booklets, newsletters, fundraising material and various other collateral to promote their commitment to the early childhood sector. I maintained the website.
February 2001 – March 2004
WEB/GRAPHIC DESIGNER : HI-TECH SOFTWARE
As an in-house designer, I focused on developing a HI-TECH Software brand which included all the concepts and design of their advertising material in national and international industry magazines, as well as software CDs, packaging, manuals and software interfaces.
August 2000 – December 2000
SCREEN DESIGNER : GREY INTERACTIVE (UK), GREY INTERACTIVE TV (UK)
My projects included the UK version of Fiat and Alfa Romeo websites, a microsite for Fiat and various advertising banners for Lloyds TSB. Within the Interactive TV team, I developed concepts, graphics and nished animation on advertising banners.
February 1999 – May 2000
WEB/GRAPHIC DESIGNER : THE LAB DEVELOPMENT GROUP
My work for The Lab was varied and encompassed everything from updating sites, through to the sole design and development of sites. I worked with a wide range of clients including state government, e-commerce and small business.
SALES ADVISOR : THE BODY SHOP, October 1995 – September 1999
TEAM LEADER (MANAGER) : CAFE DA VINCI, April 1995 – September 1995
PRODUCTION LEADER : HUNGRY JACK’S, November 1988 – April 1995
Hardcopy references or a list of referees is available on request.